Monday, August 13, 2012
Never shopping at home depot again
Frustration with home depot means no more shopping there for me.
I have been a customer at home depot since I moved to texas 5 years ago and, until today, had always found it to be a pleasant experience. After today I do not wish to step foot inside another home depot store ever.
I wanted to buy a washing machine and tumble dryer. The models I like are made by LG and I saw an ad for Frys showing that they had them on sale for $999 each less $250 each.... That meant I could get both for $1500 plus tax.
Being that there is a Frys next door to Home Depot in Irving, TX I headed that way. Frys had the items in stock; I have found their service to be lacking in the past and so I headed next door to home depot.
Sure enough Home Depot had the same washer and dryer priced at $999 each. I have, in the past, had Lowes price match a fridge/freezer that Frys were selling for $2199 and they had on sale for $3199... It took 15 mins and them making a phone call for them to beat the Frys price by 10%.
I asked the gentleman in Home Depot about price matching with Frys and I am not sure that I have ever been given such a disgusted look. "we dont price match Frys, they are not a competitor" he went on to tell me even when I stated the policy shown online re matching "any local retailer" that their manager has chosen not to price match Frys....
I then head to customer service. The disgusted look was then bettered. I was made to feel stupid and like a piece of gum on the bottom of a shoe; truly some of the worst customer service I had ever received and this was by someone who was, apparently, an assistant manager.
I was then told that I could order online and they would price match cause that is different than the store. Fine. I left the store.
Fast forward a few hours and talking to Nicole with customer service. She was very nice and tried to help and called the store but still told me that no, they couldn't price match and she was sorry about the service. No, she also couldn't explain how Frys is not "any local retailer". Transferred to Thelma with large appliances for online ordering. She couldn't match because Frys did not have the machine for sale on their site (even though the ad for the item was on the site).
I appreciate Thelma and Nicole at least not treating me like a piece of poop and speaking to me like a dirty 3 year old however there is still no resolution or reason as to why Frys does not count as a locally retailer to home depot (though they do to Lowes).
Sorry LG I shall not be buying your washer and dryer, despite it being the one I want, I shall instead take all of my home needs to Lowes from now on where they truly understand price matching and customer service.
Sent from my iPad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment